There are currently no open positions at the Windsor Symphony Orchestra.
Opening at the Windsor-Essex Youth Choir
Who We Are
The Windsor-Essex Youth Choir is comprised of three choirs, offering young singers outstanding musical training and performance opportunities in an inclusive social environment. Our ensembles are comprised of a diverse group of individuals, coming from a range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. The WEYC has been operating as a non-profit organization, providing youth with an opportunity to explore the joy of music, for over 10 years.
The Windsor-Essex Youth Choir seeks a director for Vivo, our treble ensemble for singers aged 11-18; and Brio, our high school-aged mixed ensemble. The successful candidate will run weekly rehearsals on Wednesday evenings (September – June) and will seek and oversee performance opportunities throughout the season.
• Plan the choirs’ yearly schedule including rehearsals, concert repertoire and other performances, including the artistic vision of the group and preparing and overseeing weekly rehearsal schedule
• Act as an ambassador for WEYC, building and strengthening relationships with other artistic groups in Windsor-Essex
• Seek out granting and other funding opportunities in collaboration with Board members and other artistic staff members, and apply for such funding
• Collaborate in the development of marketing and creative materials for recruitment, concerts and special events as needed
• Collaborate with other members of the WEYC artistic team regarding artistic and logistical decisions for the group
• Attend monthly meetings of the Windsor-Essex Youth Choir Board of Directors
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in music education and/or choral conducting. This person will be dynamic and versatile, with a passion for teaching singing and performance to young people. A post-secondary education in music and basic piano skills would be beneficial to applicants for this position. The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge and comfort in using online platforms. Experience in grant writing would be an asset. Interested parties are advised to refer to our website at www.windsor-essexyouthchoir.com.
Inquiries, cover letters and resumes will be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until November 1, 2020, or until the position has been filled. The Windsor-Essex Youth Choir accepts and celebrates diversity as an equal opportunity employer.