Covid-19: EVENT CANCELLATIONS AND UPDATES
Updated: March 27, 2020
During this unprecedented time, the Windsor Symphony Orchestra has cancelled the remainder of the 2019/2020 season. As heartbreaking as this decision may be for our city’s music-lovers, it is the only responsible course of action to protect the health of our patrons, volunteers, musicians, staff, and the broader community.
We know that music prevails in difficult times, providing hope, comfort and community for many. Our mission of connecting the people of Windsor and Essex County through the power and passion of music remains true even in these austere days. We look to share quality content with you through our social media channels over the coming weeks and ask that you please connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
CANCELLED EVENTS AND CONCERTS:
Cancelled Mainstage Performances:
- March 28 – WSO Concerts for Kids: Opera & Cartoons
- April 2 – WSO Fundraiser: Cabaret & Cabernet
- April 4 & 5 – WSO Toldo Pops: Shakura S’Aida Sings the First Ladies of Song
- April 16 – WSO ONSTAGE Series: Tchaikovsky’s Moscow Mule
- April 25 – WSO Classics in the County Series: Baroque Organ Music
- April 26 – WSO Morris & Beverly Baker Foundation Intimate Classics Series: Baroque Organ Music
- May 2 – WSO Tepperman Masterworks: Honens Prize Winner Plays Liszt
- May 5 – WSCO Spring Concert: A Night of Premieres
- May 16 – WSYO Spring Concert
Please see “Options for ticket holders to cancelled Mainstage performances” below for ticket return options.
Cancelled Education and Outreach Programs:
- March 25 – Neighbourhood Concert Series: Belle Vue Conservancy
- March 27 – Neighbourhood Concert Series: Mary Webb Centre
- March 31 – WSO in the Schools: West Gate Residency
- April 17 – Symphony for the Senses at North 42 Degrees Estate Winery
- April 18 - Neighbourhood Concert Series: St. Matthew’s Anglican Church
All Other Cancelled WSO Activities:
- April 28 – WSO Guild Fashion Show
- All Youth Orchestras, Community Orchestra, and Chorus rehearsals
OPTIONS FOR TICKET HOLDERS TO CANCELLED MAINSTAGE PERFORMANCES:
- Donate the ticket value as a tax-deductible donation. In this time of uncertainty, the WSO’s Board of Directors has committed to paying musicians and staff through these cancellations as we look forward to bringing you an exciting 2020/2021 season. Your donation is essential in providing financial stability for the Windsor Symphony Orchestra. By donating the value of your ticket, you will receive a tax receipt and ensure that the WSO’s musicians and staff are supported.
- Receive a voucher. A voucher for the ticket’s value can be issued and redeemed for any WSO performance in the upcoming 2020/2021 season.
To Donate your tickets or Receive a voucher, please contact the Box Office by email at: email@example.com. Please include whether you would like to donate your tickets or receive a voucher, your name, phone number, mailing address, and the concert(s) you have tickets for.
WSO ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE HOURS
We thank you for your patience as we navigate this evolving situation together.