Kindergarten to Grade 3: In School Concerts 2019-2020
The Diverse Symphony Orchestra
Don't let the winter blues get you down! When you book a WSO K-3 concert, you can be sure to leave your students feeling the warm glow of great music. This year, come with us on a trip around the world! We'll bring 19 musicians to your youngest students and show them the diversity of the orchestra and classical music. Though each instrument and instrument family may look and sound different, their differences allow for a stronger more interesting orchestra! Go on a musical journey through Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, as we hear compositions that are as diverse as our neighbourhoods, and learn how all of these different instruments are needed to make a beautiful sound.
Each school must provide 19 armless, straight-backed chairs (such as folding chairs). This keeps our cost to schools as low as possible! The WSO will bring music stands. A WSO representative will arrive on-site 1.5 hours before your concert start time to set up the space.
You'll get two back-to-back performances at your school, so that you can split your students into smaller groups. This means an up-close-and-personal musical experiece for your students, where they'll be able to ask questions, learn about instruments, and figure out just exactly how conducting works.
Start times are flexible, though we cannot begin before 9:30am. Both concerts must be completed within two hours and a break of 20 minutes minimum must be scheduled between the two concerts. (For example: Concert 1 - 9:30am-10:15am; Break - 10:15am-10:45am; Concert 2 - 10:45am-11:30am)
NEW! We've made a change in the way we schedule your two performances. To help suit your kindergarten students' needs, we'll give a slightly shorter performance that's just for them, with lots of time for questions and answers. Your Grade 1-3 students will still enjoy a full 35-40 minute concert that's more suited to their age range and active listening skill level.
The cost per school is $650 including HST. We are happy to work with you to find a price that works with your budget!
- Wednesday, January-22-20, 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, January-22-20, 1:00 PM
- Thursday, January-23-20, 9:30 AM
- Thursday, January-23-20, 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, January-28-20, 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, January-29-20, 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, January-29-20, 1:00 PM
- Thursday, January-30-20, 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, February-19-20, 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, February-19-20, 1:00 PM
- Thursday, February-20-20, 9:30 AM
- Thursday, February-20-20, 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, February-25-20, 9:30 AM
- Tuesday, February-25-20, 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, February-26-20, 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, February-26-20, 1:00 PM
- Thursday, February-27-20, 9:30 AM
- Thursday, February-27-20, 1:00 PM
- Friday, February-28-20, 9:30 AM
Teachers will receive a complimentary Teacher Resource Pack to help their students prepare for their WSO experience.